Comedians, Jim Jefferies & Forrest Shaw hang out and watch me make a bloomin’ onion, Vegemite beer cheese dip, lamb lollipops, and an Oreo Vegemite cheesecake.
Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7UrTZOar8
Get Season 1 of Something’s Burning AND brand new merch at https://bertyboyproductions.com/somethings-burning
- Sweet onion, like Vidalia
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Whole milk
- Frying oil
- Slice pointy side of onion off, then peel. Place onion cut-side down on cutting board
- Starting ½” from the root, make a downward cut all the way through. Continue all the way around the onion.
- Combine flour, cayenne, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin, and black pepper in one bowl
- Combine eggs, milk, and one cup water; whisk
- Place onion in a separate bowl, flower-up and pour the flour mixture all over, making sure to get all in between the “petals.”
- Fully submerge floured onion in egg mixture, spooning it on top if necessary.
- Repeat flour process
- Heat at least 3” inches of frying oil in a Dutch oven
- Carefully lower the onion into the oil; fry about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving
VEGEMITE BEER CHEESE DIP
- Unsalted butter
- Mustard powder
- Chicken salt
- Grated gouda
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat
- Add flour and stir, then lower heat to medium-low.
- Add beer, stirring continuously.
- Once thickened slightly, add milk and stir until thick again.
- Add Vegemite, mustard powder, paprika, and chicken salt. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low.
- Add grated cheese, one handful at a time. Stir quickly to combine before adding more handfuls.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Malt syrup
- Zest and juice of lemon
- Lamb cutlets
- Olive oil
- Combine malt syrup, Vegemite, and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside
- Drizzle cutlets with oil, salt, and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat. Cook cutlets for 2 min on each side for medium-rare.
- Rest, loosely covered in foil.
- Dip cutlets in malt mixture and serve.
This episode is brought to you by Solo Stove. Get an extra $10 off when you use the code “BURNING” at http://www.solostove.com
Get a 60-day free trial at http://www.shipstation.com/burning Thanks to ShipStation for sponsoring the show!
For all TOUR DATE & MERCH click HERE: http://www.bertbertbert.com